In the past, when you needed companionship or someone to fetch your slippers the solution was simple – get a dog.
Now households across the globe are turning to machines for assistance – and friendship.
Meet BUDDY, the revolutionary companion robot that improves your everyday life. This cute little guy connects, protects, and interacts with each member of your family.
He can protect your home, provide assistance in the kitchen, entertain the family with music and videos, act as a calendar and alarm clock and interface with popular smart home solutions.
BUDDY can also be used to help people with special needs, such as older people, autistic children or the disabled.
And he doesn’t need a daily feed, exercise or regular visits to the vet.
Easy to program and use, BUDDY can hear, speak, see and make coinciding head movements.
Navigation is not a problem. BUDDY is fully mobile with three wheels and a plethora of sensors that allow him to travel, learn and interact with the world around him.
CES 2018 innovation award
Developed by Blue Frog Robotics in the US, BUDDY won the innovation award at the recent Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
BUDDY is the brainchild of Blue Frog co-founder Rodolphe Hasselvander, the former CRIIF (Robotics lab) Executive Director.
And the good news is this clever technology will soon be available in Australia.
Exaptec, a company leading the way in telepresence, service and social robots, has been appointed exclusive distributors for Australia and New Zealand.
Exaptec CEO Nicci Rossouw expects to have a prototype available in Australia in April.
- Watching and monitoring your home
- Sending alerts for unusual situations
- Temperature sensor, sensing fires and floods
- Connecting all your smart devices like thermostats, lights and wearables
- Smart home hub controlled by voice command or remotely via mobile app
- Mobile telepresence
- Sharing photos and videos
- Connection to social networks
- Family planner, alarm clock and to do list
- Practical info, weather forecasts, recipes, traffic
- Mobile audio and video station
- Photographer and videographer of special moments
- Schools and education institutions
- Introduction to programming
- Hide-and-Seek, Red Light Green Light, Storyteller
- Interactive spelling and counting games
- Fall detection and unusual inactivity detection
- Medication reminders
- Easy social interaction and access to technology
BUDDY is built on an open-source technology platform making it easy for global developers to build applications. You can download new applications and regularly add new accessories.
BUDDY, the companion robot, will be available in Australia later this year (September/October) and is expected to sell for less than A$2,000.
For more information contact:
1300 85 00 34